Running and Friendly Links
Please consider supporting Heritage for the Blind
Welcome to Running Across Texas
Texas is not only one of the largest states in the union, its also one of the fittest. Running, cycling, rollerblading, weve got the weather and space to make it all happen. At a time when the nation is wallowing in economic woes, Texas continues to be business-friendly. Jobs mean money, and money means leisure activities, and that means running.
This site is dedicated to making sense of all the running events and providing informative articles dealing with training strategies, nutrition, and sports medicine. While we try to cover as many races as possible, we cant be everywhere. Please send race reports and photos to email@example.com.
Now Accepting Guest Articles!
Are you an avid runner or fitness expert? Like to write and share your expertise? Were now accepting guest articles in any of our categories (see the buttons above). Guidelines? 400-1000 words, MS Word, .txt, or OpenOffice format, and a photo if possible. Click here for full writers guidelines.
Send your content to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you include your Google Adsense code, youll have a chance to score some residual income.
About Running Across Texas
This site is owned and operated by KSmith Media, LLC. Its mission is to provide running information pertaining to Texas and the surrounding areas as well as general running, fitness, sports medicine, and nutritional information. Webmasters Google profile
Disclaimer: All the content is opinion and/or commonly accepted notions (especially the sports medicine info) within the fitness community. In other words, taking advice is the readers responsibility.
Latest Running News
- 08/27/13 How will you commemorate the anniversary of 9/11? Why not do the Red, White, and Blue Patriot Day Run sponsored by Jackie's Brickhouse Running Club in Kemah, Texas? 6 PM start; for full details, see this Facebook link.
- 07/07/13 NEW! Running Across Texas now has a forum! Register now!
- 06/14/13 Baytown Heat Wave 5 miler registration fee still $35 through June 23. See 2013 Baytown Heat Wave registration for details.
- 05/30/13Houston Area Trail Runners June 2013 Schedule of Events Summer running in the Bayou City at its best.
- 05/01/13 Houston Marathon 2014 early registration is now open. Check out the Chevron Houston Marathon site for more details.
- 02/23/13 FREE 5K RUNS: The parkrun is an organized, free, weekly, timed 5km runs that happen around the world. They are open to everyone, are free, safe and easy to take part in.
Events take place in pleasant parkland surroundings and we encourage people of every ability to take part: from those taking their first steps in running to Olympians; from juniors to those with more experience; we welcome you all. To learn more about parkrun or to register, please visit www.parkrun.com.
- 02/22/13 (Houston) REGISTRATION FOR POWER IN MOTION, HARRA’s beginner and intermediate 5K training program is now open. The ten week program will start on Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 at 6:30pm and will end with the “Tornadoes, Cinco de Mayo” goal race on Saturday, May 4th, 2013. Registration fee is $39.00 (not including signmeup.com processing fee and race fee).
- 01/30/13 A female runner died of acute cardiac failure at the London Marathon. It turns out she had spiked her water bottle with a stimulant called DMAA or dimethylamylamine.
The World Anti-Doping Agency prohibits it but because she was an amateur (like most of us), she wasnt tested. Dont do things like this, folks. You might survive a 5K, but we all know how susceptible the body is near the end of a marathon.
- 01/05/13 HARRA has announced the dates for the spring race series. Well, most of them. The dates for the LP Run and the Bayou Dash Relay are still TBD. But theres plenty of time so no worries. For more info, check out HARRA spring race series.