Running and Friendly Links
Do you need an article or blog post written and featured on one of our sites or yours to promote your business? Hire Me!
Sports Nutrition Articles
Eat Proper Food and Supplements for Optimal Athletic Performance
Nutrition can be confusing for both professional and amateur athletes. Runners and other fitness enthusiasts need a more targeted diet than our corpulent, sedentary friends. But too often, drinks, bars, powders, and extracts are just overpriced hype. Lets try to make some sense of it all.
Nutrition Science Articles
- An Eating Strategy for Losing Weight in a Running Fitness Program Consider the glycemic index, simple and complex carbs, and the Mifflin equation.
- Are Creatine Supplements Beneficial for Runners? The scientific studies got it wrong for running performance.
- Glycemic Index is the Key to Energy and Endurance Slow burning foods offer a steady energy source for marathons and long runs and regulate insulin production.
- Should Runners Diet? Avoid low-carb diets and focus on real food.
- Smart Fueling Strategies for Your Next Marathon Carbo-loading, hydration, and electrolyte replacement.
- The Facts on Performance Enhancing Supplements Marketed to Runners Help or hype? The FDA doesnt regulate them.
- Understanding Nutrition Labels and Serving Size Reducing the intake of refined sugar is important for weight management and avoiding obesity. Know what youre dealing with.
- Easy Whole Wheat High Fiber Pizza Crust Recipe Making your own organic pizza from scratch is easier and faster than people think.
- Easy Homemade Energy Bars Recipe Wasting money on Powerbars and Clif Bars? Make your own and save money.
- Hummus Inspired Spinach Dip Recipe The ingredients are low on the glycemic index and high in fiber and nutritional value.
- Quinoa Steel-Cut Oatmeal Bread Recipe Homemade bread provides protein and lowers cholesterol.
- For more nutrition articles and recipes, please check our sister site The Green Frugal!
Did you find this content helpful? Thanks for supporting this free site with a small donation!