Running and Friendly Links
Please consider supporting Heritage for the Blind
Welcome to Running Across Texas
Yes, we accept guest articles. The writers guidelines are fairly standard:
- Only unique, never published before content.
- Wordcount of 500 to 1000 words (a bit longer if the topic demands it for comprehensive treatment).
- Up to 2 text links (no longer than 3 anchor words in length each) in the body of the article. You may link to your own sites but no affiliate ads. If you would like to monetize your content, send your Google Adsense or Chitika code with your article.
- A short author bio is optional but encouraged. I need at least a full name for the byline though.
- A relevant photo which you have the publishing rights to is also optional but encouraged. Always provide owner or photographer credits as I put this in the alt tag. We do not plagiarize.
- No fluff pieces or content that has been overdone on the web. We are always looking for interesting approaches that engage the reader and provide real value.
- References are important. If you are an expert, thats fine, list your credentials in your bio, but if you researched facts like statistics, say, According to blah.gov, 5% of widgets are defective., or something along those lines. Please do not reference Wikipedia!
Note that I do edit each article carefully as I format it. Specifically, I correct grammar, change details for site consistency (like adding the Oxford comma where needed), and sometimes add more detail to give the article more substance (for Google Juice). But, I dont change the concept/slant/opinion of the piece.
Good ideas for articles might be training tips, sports medicine, interesting races, motivation and inspiration pieces, and of course recipes and nutrition tips. Please, no My First Marathon-type articles; the net is already awash with them and Google frowns on what it considers fluff/duplicate content.
Before submitting, check the site to be sure you are not duplicating another article. Again, thanks for your interest; I am looking forward to seeing your content!